Each month, Brian offers writers between the ages of 11-13 and 14-18 the opportunity to write the ending to his monthly On the Edge of Now adventure. By the middle of the following month, Brian will choose a winner, and he’ll post the winning entry on this website. To participate, all you need to do is click on the portal on the home page, and you’ll transport to a landscape for that week’s vignette (pronounced vin-yet, and it means ‘a brief episode.’) By the end of the month, you will have listened to four vignettes, one each week, and that’s where you come in! Write the perfect ending for Brian’s vignette—maximum 600 words, and all submissions must be in by the 15th of each month. Brian will announce the winner at the end of the month, post the winning entry, and announce that month’s reward.
Young writers—start writing! Here are your requirements:
- All submissions must be in a Word or PDF document
- 1.5 or double spaced with 1 inch margins
- Maximum 600 words
- Name, age, and email address in the top left corner
- All submissions must be received by the 15th of each month for Brian to consider your entry
- Rewards for winning entries will vary, and Brian will announce the reward at the time he announces the winner (it might be a set of his books, a t-shirt, or money—who knows?)